Jessica Mislevy, Ph.D., joined SRI International in 2011 as a research social scientist with the Center for Technology in Learning. With a background in quantitative methods, research design, evaluation, and survey methodology, she specializes in mixed-methods research and assessment.
Mislevy plays a key design and leadership role in a project aimed to identify generalizable design and implementation features associated with quality online learning in Algebra I, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. She is also co-lead on a technical quality review of assessments for distributed learning course as part of evaluation of the Army Distributed Learning Program. Mislevy also supports two separate projects funded by the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation that seeking to understand the ways schools and teachers are blending online instruction with more traditional practices to support teaching and learning. Several of her current projects involve the application of educational data mining and learner analytic techniques to student-level data from learning management systems and online instructional programs.
Mislevy earned her Ph.D. in measurement, statistics, and evaluation from the University of Maryland and a Graduate Certificate in Intermediate Survey Methodology. Prior to joining SRI, Mislevy conducted higher education research in institutional research, planning, and assessment at the University.
- Measurement, Statistics, and Evaluation, University of Maryland, Ph.D., 2011
- Intermediate Survey Methodology, University of Maryland, Graduate Certificate, 2010
- Measurement, Statistics, and Evaluation, University of Maryland, M.A., 2006
- Criminology and Criminal Justice, University of Maryland, B.A., 2005
- Women’s Studies, University of Maryland, Certificate, 2005
- Research Social Scientist, Center for Technology in Learning, SRI International, Arlington, V.A. (since 2011)
- Graduate Assistant, Institutional Research, Planning, and Assessment, University of Maryland, College Park, M.D. (2005-2011)
- Research Assistant, Center for the Study of Assessment Validity and Evaluation, University of Maryland, College Park, M.D. (2005)
- Enhancing Student Success in Online Learning
- Michael & Susan Dell Foundation’s Blended Learning Project
- Khan Academy Evaluation
- Persistent Learning Capability Training Evaluation Analysis – Phase 2
- Next Generation Learning Challenges Wave 2 Evaluation
- Implementation Study of Miami-Dade Virtual High School Learning Lab