Meet NTER, a 21st Century Model for Virtual Education and Job Training
SRI International will demonstrate the National Training and Education Resource (NTER), a web-based online learning platform for virtual job training, workforce development, and certification. NTER was envisioned by the Department of Energy and developed by SRI.
NTER's interactive 3D and gaming simulations enrich educational content. Its flexible architecture and open-source software enables organizations to easily create, share, and reuse learning materials. NTER's workforce training capabilities have been recognized by government agencies and businesses.
Thursday, June 21st, 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20004
NTER Presentations and Demonstrations by SRI Development Team
- Henry Kelly, Ph.D., Senior Advisor to the Director, Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), Executive Office of the President of the United States
- Theresa Berryman, Educational Technology Director, College of Lake County (Illinois)
- Gardner Carrick, Vice President for Strategic Initiatives, National Association of Manufacturers, The Manufacturing Institute
- Ronald (Ron) L. King, Past President, National Insulation Association
- Richard Rotanz, Executive Director, Applied Sciences Foundation/Homeland Security
- Michelle Fox, Ph.D., Chief Strategist, Workforce and Education, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, U.S. Department of Energy