Advanced sensing technologies, including high-performance, intelligent sensing devices, are indispensable for monitoring threats to national security. SRI's interdisciplinary teams collaborate on complex projects for clients in the government and in industry. For a variety of national defense and intelligence needs, SRI develops and performs field tests on novel optical and biological sensors, such as differential absorption LIDAR systems.
Additional applications for sensor technology R&D include medical diagnostics for post-disaster triage, highly sensitive ocean chemistry sensors, and multimodal biometrics systems for homeland security checkpoints at high-traffic ports of entry.
Other capabilities include:
- Remote sensing for military programs and atmospheric research
- Marine and space sensor instrumentation and systems
- Over-the-horizon radar
- An online lightning monitoring system to monitor the effects of electromagnetic transients on ground and space systems
- Novel optical sensors and light sensors
- Image sensors and systems