- Services & Solutions
- Clients & Partners
Instrumentation and Simulation Program
The Instrumentation and Simulation Program integrates, deploys, and provides field support for instrumentation and communication systems used in military and homeland defense training exercises at client locations. Our offerings include a tailored, turnkey training option called FlexTrain that can be delivered to any military or homeland defense training area. FlexTrain is offered through SRI's subsidiary, Ravenswood Solutions (see box below for more information).
Since 2005, the program has supported more than 47 exercises in 22 different states. More than 61,000 personnel representing all branches of the Armed Forces and first responders have been trained. Clients include the Army National Guard, Army Reserve Command, Joint Special Operations Command, the Army Test & Evaluation Command, the U.S. Marine Corps, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, and Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness.
Available Products and Solutions
- FlexTrain multi-mission instrumentation (homestation and relocatable versions)
- Army National Guard’s eXportable Combat Training Capability (XCTC), as prime contractor
- Mobile Training System (MTS): SRI-owned, 3,000-player relocatable range system (20-km x 30-km communications footprint), available for lease
- Geovisualization Center: 3D maps and terrain products for exercise support
- Airborne Position Location System (APLS) for tracking air-dropped pallets and military paratroopers
- GPS position location instrumentation (including centimeter accuracies)
- Navigation products, including GPS real-time kinematic to L1 software used in vehicle safety applications
- Secure smartphone computing and networking technology development for operationally deployed soldiers
- MANET/mesh communications network development: Next-generation, low-cost, scalable MANET architectures and solutions for Department of Defense and commercial clients
- Open Net-Centric Interoperability Standards for Test and Training (ONISTT): Development of ontologies, semantic reasoning, and essential support tools to facilitate training transformation and automate the integration of live-virtual-constructive (LVC) training entities