- Services & Solutions
- Clients & Partners
Gucci Estrella Trinidad
Education Researcher, Center for Technology in Learning
Gucci Estrella Trinidad is a education researcher at SRI International's Center for Technology in Learning. Estrella Trinidad conducts international studies and develops and implements research programs across multinational contexts to understand the use of technology in education. Examples of her research are the design and implementation of the ITL Research and LEAP21 programs that examine innovative teaching and learning in eight countries, a survey of representatives from the Ministry of Education of 25 countries to describe national policies and programs related to information and communication technologies in education, and the development and evaluation of mathematics curricula in collaboration with researchers and educators in Singapore and London.
Estrella Trinidad has managed evaluations and randomized controlled trials of technology-based interventions, including the Scaling Up SimCalc project and subsequent implementations in other locations, working closest with teachers to support and understand the conditions that facilitate adoption and scaling and developing systems that facilitate distributed collaboration. Further, she leads professional development for educators and presents papers to international audiences, drawing on her prior experience as a teacher, school administrator, and management consultant.
- M.A., Learning Sciences, 2004, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA
- B.S., Psychology, cum laude, 1997, University of the Philippines, Manila, Philippines
- Educational Researcher, Center for Technology in Learning, SRI International, Menlo Park, CA, USA (2005–present)
- Teaching Assistant, Notre Dame Elementary School, Belmont, CA, USA (2004–05)
- Learning Consultant, NAMEI Polytechnic Institute, Manila, Philippines (2002–03)
- Assistant Principal/Director for Student Affairs (2001–02) and Guidance Counselor (2000–01), Assumption College, Manila, Philippines
- Business Consultant, SGV & Co./Arthur Andersen, Manila, Philippines (1997–2000).
- Cornerstone Digital Mathematics
- Math Engagement Project
- Innovative Teaching and Learning Research (LEAP21)
- LEAP21 in Singapore
- LEAP21 in Brunei
- SunBay Digital Mathematics
- 21st Century Learning Design (21CLD)
- Project-Based Inquiry Science Efficacy Study (PBIS)
- Scaling up SimCalc
- Evaluating Math Curricula