- Services & Solutions
- Clients & Partners
Senior Researcher, Center for Technology in Learning
Rebecca Griffiths is a senior researcher in SRI International’s Center for Technology in Learning. She specializes in blending qualitative and quantitative methods to understand the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of technology-enhanced instruction in postsecondary education. Her work also examines organizational and systemic facilitators and obstacles to adoption of educational technologies.
Griffiths has led large-scale research and evaluation projects involving numerous institutional partners and stakeholders. Her work spans multiple sectors of postsecondary education, including research universities, regional comprehensives, community colleges, and liberal arts colleges. Specific areas of focus are college readiness and hybrid/blended learning. Griffiths also has extensive international experience.
Griffiths’ graduate training was on new product and venture development, giving her a market-based perspective on how technological innovations scale and achieve sustainability, and on organizational development and change.
- M.B.A., MIT Sloan School Business, 2001
- B.A., Princeton University, 1994
- Senior Research, SRI International (2015-present)
- Program Director for Online Learning, ITHAKA (2012-15)
- Strategic Services Director, ITHAKA (2003-08)
- Product Manager, AOL (2002-03)
- Strategy Consultant, Monitor Company (1995-99)
- Business Development Executive, STAR TV (1994-95)
- Rapid Cycle Technology Evaluation for the Department of Education (Principal investigator)
- William Mitchell College of Law Hybrid Program Evaluation (Project Lead)
- Evaluation of EdReady (Deputy Project Lead)
- Evaluation of the Next Generation Courseware Challenge (Project Liaison)
- Interactive Online Learning in the University System of Maryland (project lead for ITHAKA S+R)
- Consortium for Online Humanities Instruction (project coordinator/lead evaluator for ITHAKA S+R)
- Social Network Mapping in Higher Education (project lead for ITHAKA S+R)