- Services & Solutions
- Clients & Partners
Security and Survivability
SRI's Security and Survivability Center develops optical systems and devices; secure and tamper-resistant electronics; advanced microsystems; and custom systems for defense clients.
The center provides complete services in fundamental science, applied research, engineering and field testing. Staff has expertise in optics, optoelectronics, acoustics, electrical engineering, physics and materials science, and chemistry. It is made up of the following programs:
- Advanced Optical Systems: Micro-scale manufacturing, image-based sensing and optical hardware for novel computing.
- Novel Materials and Device Design (NOMAD): Computational solid-state modeling and device design, including bulk, layered and disordered materials; and electromagnetic, thermal, mechanical and acoustic applications.
- Optical Materials: Advanced materials for UV-LWIR applications, optical devices and sensing and acoustics.
- Secure Applied Microsystems: Advanced electronics, anti-tamper and anti-counterfeiting technologies, quantum sensors, lasers and laser systems and advanced NIR-IR detectors.
Technical specialties include modeling, computational materials and device design, development of novel materials, fabrication of prototype devices, and sensors.
The center maintains specialized facilities and equipment for these capabilities:
- State-of-the-art in-house and commercial modeling tools for electronic structures and electromagnetic wave propagation
- Optical characterization of materials and surfaces across the electromagnetic spectrum, from ultraviolet to long-wavelength infrared
- Materials synthesis and characterization
- Optical and infrared measurements
- Epitaxial growth and fabrication of custom III-V semiconductor wafers
- Printing of novel electronic materials