Senior Technical Manager, Vision Systems Laboratory, Center for Vision Technologies
David Zhang is a Senior Technical Manager in the Center for Vision Technologies at SRI International with experience in algorithm and embedded software development. He has expertise in computer vision and machine learning algorithms, with focus in video surveillance, tracking, and enhancements in degraded visual environment. He was also algorithm lead on numerous DARPA/DoD programs, including DARPA MANTIS and Army Ground Combat Vehicle. He received his PhD in Physics from The Pennsylvania State University in 2001.
- Prateeth Nayak, David Zhang and Sek Chai, “Bit Efficient Quantization for Deep Neural Networks”, NeurIPS, Vancouver, Canada, Dec 10-16, 2019.
- David Zhang, Gooitzen van der Wal, et al., “Fast, full chip image stitching of nanoscale integrated circuits”, GOMACTech, Albuquerque, New Mexico, March 25-28, 2019.
- D. Zhang, M. Piacentino, “Advances in Automated Stock Assessment Based on Computer Vision Deep Learning Technologies”, Am. Fisheries Soc., Tampa, August 20-24, 2017.
- M. Piacentino, D. Zhang, “Automated Image Analysis and Classification Tool Based on Computer Vision Deep Learning Technologies”, Am. Fisheries Soc., August 20-24, 2017.
- A. Raghavan, M. Amer, T. Shields, D. Zhang, S. Chai, “GPU Performance Prediction using Representation Learning”, ICML, New York, June 19-24, 2016.
- S. Chai, A. Raghavan, D. Zhang, M. Amer, T. Shields, “Low Precision Neural Networks using Subband Decomposition”, the 2nd Workshop on CogArch, Atlanta, GA, April 2, 2016.
- D. Zhang, G. Kopanas C. Desai, S. Chai, M. Piacentino, “Unsupervised Underwater Fish Detection Fusing Flow and Objectiveness”, WACV, Lake Placid, NY, March 7-9, 2016.
- G. Van der Wal, D. Zhang, I. Kandaswamy, J. Marakowitz, K. Kaighn, J. Zhang, S. Chai, “FPGA Acceleration for Feature Based Processing Applications”, The IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) Workshops, 2015, Boston, pp. 43-48.
- D.C. Berends, D. C. Zhang, and E. Gudis, “Motion Adaptive Signal Integration-High Dynamic Range (MASI-HDR) Video Processing for Dynamic Platforms”, Proc. SPIE, Baltimore, April 29- May 2, 2013.
- D.C. Zhang, M.A. Felton and J.T. McGinn, “Pyramid fusion of LWIR Polarimetric and Visible Imagery”, Military Sensing Symposium, March 13, 2012.
- D. C. Zhang, M. Piacentino and S. Chai, “Extended Motion Adaptive Signal Integration Technique for Real-time Image Enhancement”, Proc. SPIE, Baltimore, Mar 23-25, Apr. 2012.
- S. Wu, D.C. Zhang, Y. Zhang, J. Basso and M. Melle, “Adaptive Smoothing in Real-time Image Stabilization”, Proc. SPIE, Baltimore, March 23-25, April 2012.
- D. C. Zhang, M. Piacentino and S. Chai, “Motion Compensation for Low Light and high Motion Imaging”, Military Sensing Symposium, March 13, 2012.
- A. Sufi, D. C. Zhang and G. Van der Wal, “A Single Algorithm Combining Exposure and Focus Fusion”, ICIP, Brussels, Belgium, Sep 11-14, 2011.
- D. C. Zhang, S. Chai, and G. Van der Wal, “Method of Image Fusion and Enhancement Using Mask Pyramid”, Information Fusion (FUSION), Chicago, IL, July 5-8, 2011.
- D. Zhang, and et al., “Mask Pyramid Methodology for Enhanced Localization in Image Fusion and Enhancement,” Proc. SPIE, Orlando, April 2011.
- C. Zhang and W. Zhao, “Scene-based Nonuniformity Correction Using Local Constant Statistics,” JOSA(A), 25(6), pp. 1444-1453, June, 2008.
- W. Zhao and C. Zhang, “Scene-based Nonuniformity Correction and Enhancement: Pixel Statistics and Subpixel Motion,” JOSA(A), 25(7), pp. 1668-1681, July, 2008.
- C. Zhang, P. Chockalingam, A. Kumar, P. Burt, and A. Lakshmikumar, “Qualitative Assessment of Video Stabilization and Mosaicking Systems,” WACV, Copper Mountain, CO, Jan 7-9, 2008.
- C. Zhang and A. A. Sufi, “Color Enhancement in Image Fusion,” WACV, Copper Mountain, CO, Jan 7-9, 2008.
- P. Burt, C. Zhang, G. van der Wal, “Image Enhancement through Contrast Normalization,” Military Sensing Symposium, February 6, 2007.
- W. Zhao and C. Zhang, “Efficient Scene-based Nonuniformity Correction and Enhancement,” IEEE ICIP-2006, Atlanta, GA, Oct 8-11, 2006.
- J. P. Helferty, C. Zhang, G. McLennan, and W. E. Higgins, “Videoendoscopic Distortion Correction and Its Application to Vitual Guidance of Endoscopy,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 20, No.7, July 2001.
- C. Zhang, J. P. Helferty, G. McLennan, and W. E. Higgins, “Nonlinear Distortion Correction in Endoscopic Video Images,” IEEE ICIP-2000, Sept 10-13, 2000.
- C. Zhang, “High-power, High-efficiency Drives for Annular Thermoacoustic Refrigerators,” the 3rd Joint Meeting of Acoustical Societies of America and Japan, December, 1996.