As part of its venture creation process, the SRI Ventures team works closely with the venture community to benefit from its financing and company-nurturing skills. SRI’s nVention Advisory Board comprises seasoned venture capitalists from premier firms. They provide strategic advice in areas such as information technology, advanced materials, power and energy, nanotechnology, and medical devices.
Team members also support the business process with market knowledge, business opportunity analysis, industry and customer contacts, and recruitment of executive teams.
Although nVention board members have no preferred investment rights, they benefit from exposure to advanced technology in SRI laboratories and from a first look at new venture concepts. Board members have often invested in our spin-offs.
- Charles Holloway, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers Professor of Management, Stanford University Graduate School of Business
- Dafina Toncheva, Partner, U.S. Venture Partners
- David Weiden, Khosla Ventures
- Gary Morgenthaler, General Partner, Morgenthaler Ventures
- Kevin Efrusy, General Partner, Accel Partners
- Michael Abbott, General Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Navin Chaddha, Managing Director, Mayfield
- Steve Jurvetson, Managing Director, Draper Fisher Jurvetson