- Services & Solutions
- Clients & Partners
Maritime and Port Security
Ports of entry, coastlines, and waterways are vital transportation channels that are vulnerable to terrorist attacks and natural disasters. The U.S. has more than 12,000 miles of coastline and hundreds of ports that require continuous protection.
Experts at SRI St. Petersburg develop technologies to help prevent, prepare for, detect, respond to, and recover from terrorist events in the maritime domain. For example, we have developed integrated maritime domain awareness and intelligence for maritime stakeholders such as the Naval Air Systems Command.
Key assets and activities include the following:
- Maritime domain awareness system
- Research and development
- Policy and standards development
- Command and control center development
- Development of security and access procedures
- Supply chain analysis
- Directives and information repositories
- Training and education for government agencies and commercial clients
SRI combines data assimilation algorithms with hydrodynamic forecast models for high-resolution forecasts of nearshore oceanographic properties for coastal operations.
Estimation of River Characteristics from Remote Sensing Data.
For the Department of Energy, SRI and partners studied methane hydrate deposits in the Gulf of Mexico.