- Services & Solutions
- Clients & Partners
Microscience and Engineering
SRI develops innovative micro- and nanometer-scale structures, sensors, and systems to meet client needs. Multidisciplinary microscience and engineering teams teams provide technology development assistance, in-depth analysis, and MEMS design, fabrication, and characterization. Specialty areas include microfluidics and micro-cathodes for applications ranging from small satellites to miniature X-ray sources.
At SRI’s state-of-the-art labs and MEMS cleanrooms, staff members perform a combination of client-sponsored R&D and business development activities. SRI innovations for government agencies and clients in industry include
- Chemical and physical sensors
- Microsensors for integrated weather sensing and underwater sonar
- Infrared (THz) applications
- Vacuum microelectronics for thin displays, pulsed power devices, cathodes for spacecraft, X-ray tubes, microthrusters for satellites, and compact ion sources
- Tomographic imaging technology for medical diagnostics and research
- Contact mask aligners
- Thin-film deposition
- Etch and characterization tools
- Probe stations
- Scanning electron microscopes
- Optical microscopes
From raw sample to molecular results in minutes: The Sentinel Nucleic Acid Analysis System offers portable, real-time diagnosis of health conditions.
To meet an important military challenge, SRI is designing a sensor system that can disappear on command.
SRI is developing technologies that could significantly improve tomographic medical imaging for cancer treatment and research.
SRI is developing small, highly sensitive arrays for pervasive monitoring of chemical and biological processes in the ocean and other environments.