- Services & Solutions
- Clients & Partners
Microscience and Engineering
SRI develops innovative micro- and nanometer-scale structures, sensors, and systems to meet client needs. Multidisciplinary microscience and engineering teams teams provide technology development assistance, in-depth analysis, and MEMS design, fabrication, and characterization. Specialty areas include microfluidics and micro-cathodes for applications ranging from small satellites to miniature X-ray sources.
At SRI’s state-of-the-art labs and MEMS cleanrooms, staff members perform a combination of client-sponsored R&D and business development activities. SRI innovations for government agencies and clients in industry include
- Chemical and physical sensors
- Microsensors for integrated weather sensing and underwater sonar
- Infrared (THz) applications
- Vacuum microelectronics for thin displays, pulsed power devices, cathodes for spacecraft, X-ray tubes, microthrusters for satellites, and compact ion sources
- Tomographic imaging technology for medical diagnostics and research
- Contact mask aligners
- Thin-film deposition
- Etch and characterization tools
- Probe stations
- Scanning electron microscopes
- Optical microscopes
From raw sample to molecular results in minutes: The Sentinel Nucleic Acid Analysis System offers portable, real-time diagnosis of health conditions.
To meet an important military challenge, SRI is designing a sensor system that can disappear on command.
SRI is developing technologies that could significantly improve tomographic medical imaging for cancer treatment and research.
SRI has developed a breakthrough technology for diagnosing and predicting fatigue failure in pipelines, aircraft, bridges, power plants, and other structures using quantitative 3D fractography.