Fairman, J., Porter, M., Fisher, S. (2015). Principals Discuss Early Implementation of the ASSISTments Online Homework Tutor for Mathematics: ASSISTments Efficacy Study Report 2. Menlo Park, CA: SRI International.
This report presents the findings from interviews with principals about their schools’ participation in the ASSISTments efficacy study on seventh-grade mathematics. The purpose of the interviews was to explore the following areas:
- To what extent schools had policies or expectations regarding homework practice and completion
- To what extent schools had concerns about homework completion rates
- Whether the school had existing practices or norms for teachers to discuss student learning outcomes, and how often teachers met to focus on data
- The extent to which principals met with teachers to discuss data
- What other initiatives in the district or school could impact curriculum, instruction, assessment, or professional development and what the current priorities were in the school
- Factors related to the community such as broad socio-economic status, or level of support for education, that might affect teaching and student achievement in the school.