- Services & Solutions
- Clients & Partners
Senior Instructional Design Consultant, SRI Education
Ron Fried is a senior instructional designer and education researcher in SRI Education. His focus is on the areas of science education, assessment, evaluation, curriculum design, and video technology. His expertise also includes developing and implementing traditional, video-based and online instruction and serving as SRI's director of video services.
Fried has extensive experience in paper, web, and video-based curriculum development and delivery for both commercial and government clients. He consults on the use of video in research, training and product demonstrations. Fried also consults internal and external clients on adult learning principles and instructional design theory, and creates and implements online training courses.
Fried has designed, developed, implemented, and evaluated multi-source human performance assessments, including performance simulation testing, interview-based evaluation of occupational experience assignments, paper and pencil knowledge testing, and group performance scenarios. He also has experience in logistical planning and implementation of advisory panels, subject matter expert reviews, faculty training, program pilots, and program launches. Fried has developed and conducted a wide range of training for both program faculty and administrators.
Prior to SRI, Fried worked as a high school and middle school science teacher, and was a nationally and internationally published photographer for newspapers, magazines and professional and collegiate athletic teams.
- M.A., Education (Instructional Technology), San Jose State University, 1995
- Teaching Credential, Secondary Education, San Jose State University, 1989
- Concentration, Human Performance, San Jose State University, 1988
- B.A., Journalism, San Jose State University, 1986
- Senior Instructional Design Consultant, SRI International, Menlo Park, CA (2000-present)
- Instructional Designer, SRI International, Menlo Park, CA (1994-2000)
- Science Teacher, South Peninsula Hebrew Day School, Sunnyvale, CA (1993-1994)
- Science Teacher, Henry Gunn Senior High School, Palo Alto, CA (1992-1993)
- Community College Partnerships Impacts
- Contingent Pedagogies for Conceptual Teaching and Learning
- Online Training Development for New SRI Hires, Security Programs, and Environmental Health and Safety Certification
- Application of Evidence-Centered Design to State Large-Scale Science Assessment
- Principled Science Assessment Design for Students with Disabilities
- Validities of Standards-Based Science Inquiry Assessments: Design and Implementation Studies
- Assessing Science Knowledge (ASK)
- Calipers: Using Simulations to Assess Complex Science Learning
- Golf Professional Training Program (PGA)