Sarnoff Test Sequence Generators with A/V Test Patterns for SD to 4K Video
SRI offers content creators, broadcasters, and distributors a comprehensive solution for testing and verifying the quality of digital video signal chains up to 4Kp60. The Sarnoff® audiovisual test sequence generator combines acclaimed digital test patterns with uncompressed playback hardware.
The TG-400™ player handles formats up to 4Kp60. It is a one-rack-unit, uncompressed video player that output 10-bit digital video and up to 16 channels of embedded digital audio.
The standard player includes three powerful test suites: the Visualizer™ video test patterns, AudioRef™ advanced audio reference clips, and ESP™ encoder stress patterns. Options include support for High Dynamic Range (HDR)/Wide Color Gamut (WCG) and UHD/4K testing as well as HDMI 2.0 output with HDR/WCG signaling for PQ and HLG. Users can also load their own content for testing. The result is a comprehensive, convenient, and cost-effective solution for quality control.
- Quantifies compression fidelity
- Identifies color matrix mismatch (2020/709/601)
- Determines bit depth and chroma subsampling
- Reveals skipped frames
- Quantifies lip sync errors
- Provides 18 additional tests
- Available in High Dynamic Range ( HDR ) / Wide Color Gamut ( WCG ) and Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) version in the following color spaces:
- PQ/2020, HDR10 (SMPTE ST-2084, ITU BT.2100)
- HLG/2020 (ITU BT.2100)
- P3, P3D65
- Any other color space
- AudioRef™ Audio Reference Clips
- Provides dialog loudness reference
- Supports CALM act compliance
- Audibly confirms channel ID by number and function
- 16 channels embedded in HD-SDI
- Evaluates SD,HD and UHD/4K encoder quality
- Effective with all compression standards such as HEVC/H.265, MPEG-4/AVC/H.264, MPEG-2, ProRes, VP9, etc.
- Assists in selecting and tuning encoders
- Provides visual verification of encoder performance
- Reveals limits in spatial resolution, judder, dropped frames, and more
- Reveals how entire digital video processing systems and monitors deal with HDR and WCG content
- Examines color space interpretation
- Evaluates low light details
- Reveals HDR tone mapping accuracy